The year 2015 is over and one of our biggest years has come to an end. And while we’re getting ready to tackle 2016 we wanted to share some of the highlights from this past year. 2015 was a year full of activities and new challenges that we took on with open hearts and minds. From celebrating our first anniversary in May, to our first ever #Giving Tuesday campaign in December. We also experienced our most successful campaign to date in Guatemala, sterilizing just under 200 dogs and cats.
- Helped thousands of dogs and cats in the massive flooding disaster in Copiapó, Chile.
- Hired staff in Todos Santos, Guatemala to tutor Mayan children in our Family Sponsorship Program.
- Published two free-roaming dog studies in the peer-reviewed journals.
- Started our series of children’s activities in the GAAP Clinic teaching responsible dog ownership, safety around street dogs and basic dog behavior.
- Sterilized just under 200 dogs and cats in Todos Santos, Guatemala – our biggest campaign ever!
- Hosted our first Giving Tuesday- Dollars to Spay campaign to raise funds to sterilize 60 dogs and cats in rural Chile.
- Veterinarians International has ramped up their Dog Health Program for Latin America and is our biggest supporter for the GAAP Clinic.
- Project V.E.T.S sends valuable supplies and equipment to our project sites.
- Dogs Trust International approved a new project for Guatemala for 2016